For set up the Geeni light bulb first you have to follow the below instructions after that follow the setup process.
- Know your Wi-Fi network and password
- Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
- Make sure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (Geeni can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
1. Download the Geeni app from App Store or Google Play.
2. Register an account on your Geeni app & log in to the App.
For registration in Geeni App follow the below instructions.
- After downloading the Geeni app, open it & go to the register option.
- (For registration you must have a mobile number or any email address active as you'll receive verification code)
- Enter your mobile number with your country code or your email address & after that enter the verification code.
- Now you need to create a password & confirm it.
- Now login to the app.
3. Plug In the bulb & reset it.
Open the Geeni app & add your device. You can add the devices in Easy mode or in AP mode.
4. For Easy mode:
- Power on the device and confirm that the light is blinking quickly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top right corner of the Devices screen, click (+) & select "Smart lighting".
- Make sure the bulb is flashing quickly, indicating it’s ready to connect. If not, turn the bulb off and on 3 times until it is flashing quickly. Press “Yes, it's blinking quickly".
- Enter your Wi-Fi network and password.
- The Geeni app will try to connect your device.
5. For back up AP mode:
- Power on the device and confirm that the light is blinking slowly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+) & select "Smart lighting". Choose “AP Mode” in the top corner.
- Click Next and enter your Wi-Fi details.
- Follow the instructions to choose the device from your Wi-Fi list.
- The device will be then connected.