- How to clear the cache of Geeni app?
- VERIFICATION CODE
- How to search the Geeni app on iPAD
- Time Zone (Troubleshooting)
- Motion Detection
- How to sync Microsoft Cortana with Geeni app?
- How Many Devices Can I Control using Geeni App?
- How to sync Amazon Alexa with Geeni app?
- How to sync Google Assistant with Geeni app?
- How to remove Geeni devices from Geeni app?
- How to remove lock pattern from Geeni app?
- I have forgot my Geeni app password how do I reset my password?
- Can I access my Geeni devices from anywhere through Geeni app?
- After the new update my Geeni app is not responding what should I do?
- I have a mobile number account for Geeni App but I want to use an e-mail account as my primary account. How should I do it?
- Is there any smart lock that works with Geeni app?
To clear the cache of Geeni app, follow the below instructions: There are two methods to do this:
1. Open the Geeni app & Go to profile.
2. Select the ‘settings’ button.
3. Select "Clear Cache" and "Confirm".
1. Open settings app in your smartphone.
2. Select the apps tab.
3. Find Geeni app.
4. Select storage.
5. Select clear cache.
When registering, only using phone number will require a verification code, using email will not.
To search the Geeni app on iPAD, follow below instructions:
1. On the iPad App Store, change the "Device" filter to iPhone.
2. Search for the Geeni app and download.
To select Time Zone in Geeni app, follow below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app.
2. Tap on profile (lower left corner).
3. Tap on "Settings".
4. Tap "Personal Information".
5. Select your preferred timezone.
Motion Detection in the Geeni App follow the below instructions:
- Open Geeni app.
- Tap on profile.
- Tap on your profile name.
- Tap on Message Center
To sync Microsoft Cortana with Geeni App, follow the below instructions:
1) Open the Cortana app and go to Notebook in the menu.
2) Go to Manage Skills and select the Connected Home option.
3) Tap the Enable option and choose “Geeni“ from the list of Connected Home partners.
4) Tap the “Connect.“
5) Authorize your account with Cortana using the username and password from your Geeni app.
Now your Cortana app and Geeni devices are linked!
You’re now able to say “Hey, Cortana” and control your Geeni devices.
Things you can say*:
“Hey Cortana, turn on the bedroom light.”
“Hey Cortana, turn off fan.”
“Hey Cortana, set the bedroom light to 100%.”
“Hey Cortana, turn off the coffee machine.”
“Hey Cortana, set the living room to 50%.”
“Hey Cortana, dim porch light.”
Geeni app can control an unlimited number of devices in an unlimited amount of locations. Your router may have a limit of how many devices can be connected to one router.
To sync Amazon Alexa with Geeni App, follow the below instructions:
1. Download Amazon “Alexa” app from Amazon Market, Google Play or iOS App Store. Register in Alexa & login into app. After logged in to the Alexa App, go to skills in the menu.
2. Search for Geeni then tap Enable.
3. Input your Geeni account username and password.
4. Choose discover devices. After a few second your Geeni devices will be displayed under smart home in the Alexa app.
TO sync google assistant with Geeni app, follow the below steps:
1. Download the google home app from google play or iOS app store Register in google home & login the app. After logged in to the google home app, go to home control in the menu.
2. Tap the " + " sign at bottom.
3. Choose “Geeni” from home control partners.
4. Authorize your account with Google Assistant using the username and password from your Geeni App.
Now your Google home app and Geeni devices are linked . You're now able to say "OK Google" and control your Geeni devices.
If you want to group the light depends on your need. You are able to make a "ROOM". These are the following steps how to make room:
1. Under home control devices tap "Rooms" tab.
2. Tap "+" sign and scroll down and tap "Customized Room".
3. Create a room name then tap "OK".
4. Under "Add devices", choose the devices you want to add.
5. Tap Done.
To remove Geeni devices form Geeni app, follow the below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app & from your "My Home" tap the device that you want to remove.
2. Click on the (…) button on the top right corner.
3. Click on ''Remove Device" button and confirm.
If you want to delete multiple devices, you can press and hold 1 device and wait until it vibrates.
Put a check mark on the devices you want to delete and tap "Remove Device"
If you've already set a lock pattern, to remove the "Pattern Unlock", follow the below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app & enter your pattern to unlock by sliding your finger in the correct pattern.
2. On the bottom of the app, click on "Profile".
3. Then click on your user info on the top (your name, number, icon etc.).That will take you to the Profile screen where you can set a picture, nickname, and password.
4. You should see Pattern Unlock switched on. Switch it off.
5. Enter your pattern again now.
6. Your pattern lock will be removed.
To reset your Geeni app password, follow the below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app & Click the forgot password.
2. Select your country then enter your mobile number or Email id & Click on “Next” You’ll receive a verification code.
3. Enter the verification code then set a new password & click on confirm button.
Yes, you can access your devices from anywhere through Geeni app. But at the installing time your mobile & Geeni devices needs to be connected to same network (WiFi).
We've recently updated app to address this bug. Please delete the app and reinstall.
If you'd like to use the email address as your primary account. You'll have to remove all of your Geeni devices from the old account (phone number) then make a new account using your email address and reinstall them onto the new account.
Unfortunately, our Geeni app is a proprietary app and we do not interface with any other apps. Our devices do support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant that do support voice commands via our app as well as many others on the market.