For set up the Geeni smart wi-fi plug first, you have to follow the below instructions after that follow the setup process.
- Know your Wi-Fi network and password.
- Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher.
- Make sure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. (Geeni can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
1. Download the Geeni app from App Store or Google Play.
2. Register an account on your Geeni app & log in to the App.
For registration in Geeni App follow the below instructions.
- After download, open the Geeni app & go to the register option.
- (For registration you must have a mobile number or any email address active as you'll receive verification code)
- Enter your mobile number with your country code or your email address & after that enter the verification code.
- Now you need to create a password & confirm it.
3. Plug in the device & reset it.
Open the Geeni app & add your device. You can add devices in easy mode or in AP mode.
4. For Easy mode.
- Power on the device and make confirm the indicator light blinking quickly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “.
- Make sure the indicator light on the device is flashing rapidly blue, indicating the device is ready to connect using Easy Mode. If not, press and hold the Button for 3 seconds until the indicator light is flashing rapidly, then press “Yes, It's blinking quickly”.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network and password.
- The Geeni app will try to connect your device.
5. For backup AP mode.
- Power on the device and make confirm the indicator light blinking slowly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “. Choose “AP Mode” in the top corner.
- Click Next and enter your Wi-Fi details.
- Follow the instructions to choose the device from your Wi-Fi list.
- The device will connect. (make sure your phone & device close to your router).