- How to set up Geeni smart wi-fi plug?
- How to set timer for Geeni smart plug?
- User manual of Geeni Wi-Fi outdoor plug
- User manual of Geeni Wi-Fi Plug
- Geeni plug Cannot connect to Wi-Fi network.
- How to schedule time for Geeni Smart plug to switch it on/off?
- How to remove timer from smart plug?
- How do I switch my smart plug to daylight savings time?
- I'm trying to group two switches together but it’s not working. Why?
- Can the smart plugs be controlled by amazon echo?
- How do I reset the Geeni smart wi-fi plug and what does the blinking light mean?
For set up the Geeni smart wi-fi plug first, you have to follow the below instructions after that follow the setup process.
- Know your Wi-Fi network and password.
- Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher.
- Make sure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. (Geeni can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
1. Download the Geeni app from App Store or Google Play.
2. Register an account on your Geeni app & log in to the App.
For registration in Geeni App follow the below instructions.
- After download, open the Geeni app & go to the register option.
- (For registration you must have a mobile number or any email address active as you'll receive verification code)
- Enter your mobile number with your country code or your email address & after that enter the verification code.
- Now you need to create a password & confirm it.
Log in the app.
3. Plug in the device & reset it.
Open the Geeni app & add your device. You can add devices in easy mode or in AP mode.
4. For Easy mode.
- Power on the device and make confirm the indicator light blinking quickly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “.
- Make sure the indicator light on the device is flashing rapidly blue, indicating the device is ready to connect using Easy Mode. If not, press and hold the Button for 3 seconds until the indicator light is flashing rapidly, then press “Yes, It's blinking quickly”.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network and password.
- The Geeni app will try to connect your device.
5. For backup AP mode.
- Power on the device and make confirm the indicator light blinking slowly.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “. Choose “AP Mode” in the top corner.
- Click Next and enter your Wi-Fi details.
- Follow the instructions to choose the device from your Wi-Fi list.
- The device will connect. (make sure your phone & device close to your router).
To set timer for Geeni smart plug, follow the below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app and from the main devices list select Geeni smart plug.
2. Click on ‘Timer’ option at the bottom middle of the screen.
3. Select your time and click on ‘Ok’.
Click below to download the user manual of Geeni Wi-Fi outdoor plug .
Click below to download the user manual of Geeni Wi-Fi Plug.
Make sure you entered the correct Wi-Fi password during the Wi-Fi setup. Check whether there are any Internet connection problems. If the Wi-Fi signal is too weak, reset your Wi-Fi router and try again.
To schedule time for Geeni Smart plug, follow the below instructions:
1. Open the Geeni app and from main devices list select Geeni plug.
2. Click on the ‘schedule’ option on the bottom right corner.
3. Click on ‘Add timer’.
4. Set your scheduling time and click on 'Save'.
5. Timer is added.
To remove timer from smart plug just off the plug once and on it back through Geeni App.
To switch your smart plug to daylight savings time you have to reset your schedule/timer. To achieve this delete the previous schedule and reset it. The new schedule will take into account the correct time.
If you're trying to group via Geeni, you'll only be able to group devices of the same type i.e both switches needs to have the same model number.
To make a group follow the steps of "Make a group of Geeni Devices".
Yes, Geeni smart plug & other Geeni devices can be controlled by Amazon echo & Google home.
Reset the plug by pressing and holding the button for 3 seconds until the indicator light is flashing rapidly. You can reset the Geeni Smart Plug in 2 modes :
1) Reset one time (press and hold) to reach Easy mode (Fast blinking blue, 2x per second)
2) Reset again (press and hold) to reach AP Mode (Slow blinking blue, every 3 seconds)