For set up the Geeni smart wi-fi plug outdoor first, you have to follow the below instructions after that follow the setup process.
- Know your Wi-Fi network and password.
- Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher.
- Make sure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. (Geeni can’t connect to 5GHz networks)
1. Download the Geeni app from App Store or Google Play.
2. Register an account on your Geeni app & log in to the App.
For registration in Geeni App follow the below instructions.
- After downloading the Geeni app open it & go to the register option.
- (For registration you must have a mobile number or any email address active as you'll receive verification code)
- Enter your mobile number with your country code or your email address & after that enter the verification code.
- Now you need to create a password & confirm it.
Log in the app.
3. Plug the Geeni device into the wall. Make sure the indicator light on the device is flashing blue rapidly, indicating the device that it is ready to connect. Otherwise, reset the device.
Open the Geeni app & add your device you can add the devices easy mode & AP mode.
4. For Easy mode:
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “.
- Make sure the indicator light on the device is flashing rapidly blue, indicating the device is ready to connect using Easy Mode. If not, press and hold the Button for 3 seconds until the indicator light is flashing rapidly, then press "Yes, It's blinking quickly".
- Enter your Wi-Fi network and password.
- The Geeni app will try to connect your device.
5. For backup AP mode:
- Make sure the device is in AP Mode, blinking slowly otherwise reset it.
- In the Geeni app, on the top corner of the Devices screen, click (+). Choose “Smart Power “. Choose “AP Mode” in the top corner.
- Click Next and enter your Wi-Fi details.
- Follow the instructions to choose the device from your Wi-Fi list.
- The device will connect (make sure your phone & device close to your router).