- Can I turn off notifications when I prefer not to receive them?
- Why do I sometimes see the wrong label on the smart detection notification?
- What is Smart Detection and how can I get it?
- How do I get to see the animated gif in an Enhanced Notification?
- What are Enhanced Notifications and how do I get them?
- What happens to my recordings if I remove the camera from my account?
- Can I access recorded videos and photos from the cloud past their video history retention period?
- Can I share recorded videos and photos with others?
- How do I download recorded videos and photos captured by my camera?
- How do I turn on my camera’s privacy mode?
- When will my camera start capturing activity?
- When my camera detects motion how will I be notified
- I’m not interested in saving videos, but I do want to view my live feed. Is that possible?
- Will I be able to see a Live View from my camera right after I set it up?
- Will I be able to capture images at night or in dark environments?
- Where do I go on the Merkury Cam by Geeni app to set triggers and rules?
- What are “triggers” and “rules”?
- How do I access my recorded videos?
- How do I manually record a video?
- How do I manually take a picture of what my camera is showing?
- Can I use the 2-way audio function to talk with my pets?
- How do I sign up for a subscription?
- How do I view the live video feed from my camera?
- What kind of things will the Merkury Cam by Geeni app allow me to control?
- I am not seeing tiles on my Home screen that I think should be there. Where are they?
- Can I customize my Home screen?
Yes, you can – the feature is called “Snooze Notifications”. The feature requires a paid subscription and allows you to suspend receiving notifications for a set period of time.
To access Snooze Notifications, tap on “Account” from the Home screen, then tap on “Notifications”.
The Smart Detection is based on artificial intelligence (AI) whose algorithms are improved over time. The technology is not infallible and while very accurate feedback on what the camera has seen is provided, there may be occasions when it’s not correct.
Smart Detection tells you whether the activity that was viewed by the camera is a Person, an animal or a vehicle. There may be times when the detection is unsure what is seen and provides a notification without a “smart” designation.
For Smart Detection to work, you must be subscribed to a Plus or Premium subscription plan. If you are on one of those plans and your notifications are not indicating if the activity is Person, Animal or Vehicle, you may need to delete the current rule that generates that notification and set it up again.
You can see the animated gif by long-pressing on the notification. Tapping on the notification will take you to the activity recording, but a long press will allow you to see the animation.
Enhanced notifications are similar to regular notifications in that they alert you of activity happening in front of your camera. They are enhanced with a thumbnail image from the camera and an animated gif of the activity.
To receive Enhanced Notifications, you must be subscribed to the Plus or Premium plan. If you are on one of those plans and your notifications do not have thumbnail pictures, you may need to delete the current rule that generates that notification and set it up again.
All video recordings and photos captured by your camera will be permanently deleted if you remove the camera from your Merkury Cam by Geeni account. Remember to download them before removing your camera.
No, all recorded videos and photos in the cloud are permanently deleted after they reach their video history retention limit and cannot be recovered. To access recorded videos and photos past the retention period, you will need to download them to your phone or tablet or use an SD-Card in your camera.
Absolutely! You must have a subscription to be able to share recorded activity. You can share any recorded videos or photos by clicking on the activity desired and then click the Share icon at the bottom of the screen when viewing the recorded video or photo. You will need to select the method you wish to share, i.e., email, text, etc
You must have a subscription to be able to download recorded activity. You can download any recorded videos or photos permanently to your smartphone or tablet’s image library by directly downloading the file from the app’s Activity section. Click on the activity desired and then click the download icon (down arrow) in the bottom right corner when viewing the recorded video or photo.
Turn on your camera’s privacy mode by going to the camera settings and toggling privacy mode on/off. Privacy mode will disable live stream and prevent your camera from recording any videos or sending any motion detection notifications.
You will begin seeing activity after pairing the camera to your account and setting up a Rule. It is required to set up Rule(s) in the app with the days and times you would like to capture activity.
You will receive a push notification to any compatible iOS or Android device logged into your Merkury Cam by Geeni account. If you sign out of your account, you will not receive notifications for the period of time you are signed out.
Of course! Merkury Cam by Geeni includes unlimited live streaming. If you have Rules established which create activity entries (videos), you can elect to not view your stored videos in the Activity section of the Merkury Cam by Geeni App by subscribing to one of the 3 available plans. If you prefer to not have any videos created, do not set up any Rules.
Yes, you will! Once you have successfully paired your camera it may require an update from the network. Don’t worry, you won’t need to do anything as this happens automatically. If an update is required, you may need to wait a minute or two before being able to see the live video from your camera.
Yes! The camera has Infrared (IR) night vision built in. Night vision mode may be automatically activated when the camera senses a low light environment. In the camera settings have Night Vision set to “Auto”.
From the Home screen, select “Rules” from the bottom navigation bar. From the “Rules” page you may, Create, Edit or Delete a rule.
- A new rule can be created by tapping the “+” icon in the upper right corner. You will need to add a trigger and an action and then “Save” the rule when done. You can also name your rule what you want it to be or leave it as the default name provided.
- To edit an existing rule, tap on it from the “Rules” page and then tap into the section you wish to edit.
- To delete a rule, tap on it from the “Rules” page and select “Delete rule” at the bottom of the screen. If you didn’t really want to delete the rule, select “Cancel” on the pop-up verification message that appears after you have deleted.
Rules provide instructions to your camera on how it should operate. A trigger is the action which occurs to kick off the rule. All rules are structured as follows; “When a trigger occurs, then take this action”. An example would be; “When motion is detected by your camera, record a video and send me a notification.”
Go to the Home screen and select the “Activity” option on the bottom navigation bar. Recordings for all cameras default to today’s date and will show in chronological order with the most recent videos first. Tap on the desired video and it will load and then begin to play. Note, you must have a subscription to view recorded videos, otherwise you can only see a thumbnail image of the recording.
To see activity from another day, you may select the day of the month desired by tapping the calendar icon at top of the screen and selecting the desired day.
You may also filter the activity list by tapping on the filter icon in the upper right of the screen.
Select the camera that you want to view and enter the Live View camera screen. If the Live View tool icons are not showing, tap anywhere on the screen to bring them up. Tap the Record icon in the bottom tool bar. Selecting this button will have the camera start recording. To stop the recording, tap the button again, or it will stop on its own when complete (default video length is 20 seconds). You can then view the recording in your Activity list.
Select the camera that you want to view and enter the Live View camera screen. If the Live View tool icons are not showing, tap anywhere on the screen to bring them up. Tap on the Capture icon on the bottom tool bar. Your camera will then take a snapshot for you. You can then view the snapshot in your Activity list.
Yes! If you are in Live View and can see your pet, you may speak through the camera to them. Here are the 4 easy steps:
- If the Live View tool icons are not showing at the bottom, tap anywhere on the screen to bring them up.
- Tap on the microphone icon (Talk) on the bottom tool bar.
- Speak to your pet.
- De-select the microphone icon so you can listen to your pet’s reply. If the speaker icon (Mute) in the highlighted, denoting it’s muted, tap on it to hear what’s coming through your camera.
Note you will have to select and de-select the microphone for conversations. The audio will go through only one source at a time (either through the camera or through the app on your phone). It’s sort of like a walkie-talkie function, but cooler.
Android users can sign up for a subscription by going to the Account section in the app tapping “My Plan” and the “Compare Plans”. The app will be redirected to the account dashboard where there are 3 plans to choose from, “Basic”, “Plus” and “Premium”. Select one of the plans, fill in the payment information and you are all set.
iOS users will need to sign up for a plan from the Geeni Account Dashboard outside of the app. Go to https://account.mygeeni.com, sign in with the same username/password used with the Merkury Cam by Geeni app. Once in, select from the 3 plans, “Basic”, “Plus” and “Premium”, fill in the payment information and you are all set.
Go to your Home screen and select the tile that matches up with the camera you want to see. On the tile, you’ll see the camera device’s name at the top, and a recent image taken by that camera. Selecting this device will automatically load your feed. It may take a few moments to load, depending on the speed of the network to which you are connected.
Your Merkury Cam by Geeni app is the center for everything you might want to do with your camera(s). For example, you can:
- set rules and mobile alerts for your devices
- monitor your home by viewing live and recorded video
- use the 2-way audio to talk to people or pets
- take photos or videos on demand
- tell your camera when to record videos
- manage your Merkury Cam by Geeni account
- pair devices
- control the settings for your devices
The more you use your Merkury Cam by Geeni app, the more you’ll discover what it can do!
Tiles that are removed from the Home screen during editing or that do not show up on the Home screen may be in the “Add a new tile” screen.
- Tap the Plus (+) icon in the upper right of the Home screen to add any available tiles. If tiles are available, tap the desired tile(s) and then “Done”
- If you do not see the desired tile to add, tap “Pair a new device” to begin pairing a new CW051 camera
You sure can! You can add, remove, resize or move tiles by tapping “Edit” at the top corner of the Home screen. While in “Edit” mode:
- To remove any tile, tap the “x” in the upper left corner of the tile. Don’t worry, you’re not deleting the device from your account, you’re simply removing it from the Home screen. You can add it back at any time.
- To change the size of the tiles, press, hold and drag the bottom right corner of the tile until the tile is sized to your liking.
- To move a tile, press and hold the middle of tile and drag to new location. Once where you want it, release the tile.
- If you want to save your changes, make sure you tap the “Done” button at the top right of the screen when you are finished with your editing.