- If I purchase more than one Merkury CW051 camera, can I set them up in different locations?
- What if I have more than one camera to set up on the same system?
- How do I set up my CW051 camera to use it the first time?
- How many cameras are supported?
- Is it possible for me to use multiple CW051 cameras at one time and control them all from the same Merkury Cam by Geeni account and app?
- I see my CW051 camera has a Micro SD-Card slot. Can I use it?
- Is the CW051 camera wireless (battery powered), or do I have to plug it in to use it?
- What are the minimum smart phone or tablet requirements for using the CW051 camera?
- What are the Wi-Fi connection requirements for my new CW051 camera?
- Does this camera work outdoors?
- What about mounting it facing outdoors through a window?
- Where in my house or office is the best place to put my camera?
- How do you mount the CW051 camera to a wall or ceiling?
- Can the camera stand on its own, or does it have to be attached to something?
- What is the first thing I should do upon receipt of my CW051 Camera?
Yes, you can setup your devices in multiple locations. Each setup location requires its own Wi-Fi internet connection.
No problem! If you’ve already downloaded the Merkury Cam by Geeni app and created an account, you just have to pair each new camera.
- From the Home screen, select “Devices” from the navigation bar at the bottom.
- Tap the “+” icon in the upper right of the Devices screen
- Follow the onscreen instructions to pair camera
When done, repeat the above for each camera to be paired.
- Make sure to have a strong Wi-Fi connection available before you proceed.
- Connect the USB cable to the CW051 camera device and plug it into a power source.
- Download the “Merkury Cam by Geeni" app from the appropriate app Store
- Create a new user account and you will receive a verification code in email. Once validated, sign into the app.
- Follow the instructions in the app to pair your Merkury Cam by Geeni CW051 camera device with your Merkury Cam by Geeni account and Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have successfully connected the camera you are set to go.
Merkury Cam by Geeni supports an unlimited number of cameras
Absolutely. Monitor your entire home.
Yes, the SD-Card slot is operable for the CW051. The camera supports micro SD-Cards up to 128GB.
In order to function, the CW051 needs to be directly connected to a power source. With a wired (plugged in) connection you have the advantage of unlimited power and never having to worry about changing or charging a battery.
A mobile device running on an Android 10.0+ or iOS 14.0+ platform. While the App may work with older versions of the operating systems, the above are recommended and supported. Right now, Windows-based phones are not compatible with the CW051.
You will need a 2.4GHz (802.11bg/n) on your home or office system for Wi-Fi network connectivity. We also highly recommend using a secure Wi-Fi (one which requires a password).
The Merkury Cam by Geeni CW051 camera is not made of materials that will withstand harsh weather or extended exposure to rain or snow. We recommend that it be used indoors or in an area protected from the elements.
This will work great during daylight hours. However, at night the infrared (IR) camera light may reflect off the glass and reduce any outside visibility. You can improve the image at night by turning off the “Night Vision” option in the CW051 camera settings.
This depends on what area you want the camera to view. Some popular choices are; front or back door entry, baby’s bedroom, living room, and garage. Wherever you choose, be aware that the further away the camera is from the Wi-Fi router, the weaker the signal could be.
Included in the box with the CW051 camera are two screws with plastic anchors you can use to securely mount your camera.
The camera can stand on its own and comes with a flexible stand. This makes it very portable, in case you want to try it out in various rooms of the house. But it can also be securely mounted on a wall or ceiling using the included mounting hardware.
Take everything out of the box and make sure you have everything.
If you have everything, please download the app and follow the instructions about how to pair your new camera and get it working for you. We have provided the links to the app below for your convenience.