Our smart lighting devices are smart bulbs and LED strips and these are reset differently.
To reset a smart bulb, turn the bulb off and on 3 times (off/on -off/on - off/on) until you reach the slow blinking light.
To reset a smart LED strip. press and hold the reset button on the Wi-Fi controller, until you reach the slow blinking light.
1. Launch the Geeni app and on the top right corner of the screen, tap +. You will see some tiles on the next page with different device names and choose Smart Lighting.
2. The next page will show your 2.4 GHz W\i-Fi name. Enter your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi password then click “Next Step”.
3. A message will pop up, then choose "Slowly (every 2 sec): Manual Mode".
4. You will be directed to a page saying “Let's connect to the device's unique hotspot”, then click “Connect now”.
5. You will be routed to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings, from there look for a unique hotspot name (ex. Geeni-XXXX, Merkury-XXXX or iHome-XXXX)
6. Tap on it to connect. If you see “Unsecured connection” or “This device has no internet” after connecting to the unique hotspot, ignore it and go back to the Geeni app.
7. Then, you will see the connection process on the app. You can wait for the countdown or look at the progress of the dotted line. Tap “Done” in the upper right corner once the lighting device has been added successfully. You will be routed to the your lighting device's dashboard.