Please make sure your smart plug or power strip is plugged into an outlet. When plugged in, the indicator light will start blinking. Press and hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds and then release. If it is still blinking fast, press and hold the reset button for another 3-5 seconds, until you reach the slow blinking light.
If your device is a smart switch, on its faceplate is the "Restart" button also known as the Wi-Fi Reset button. Reset your smart switch by pressing and holding the "Restart" button for 3-5 seconds and its indicator light should flash slowly.
1. Launch the Geeni app and on the top right corner of the screen, tap +. You will see some tiles on the next page with different device names and choose “Smart Power”.
2. The next page will show your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi name. Enter your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi password then click “Next Step”.
3. A message will pop up, then choose "Slowly (every 2 sec): Manual Mode".
4. Next, you will be directed to a page saying “Let's connect to the device's unique hotspot”, then click “Connect now”.
5. You will be routed to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings, from there look for a unique hotspot name (ex. Geeni-XXXX, Merkury-XXXX or iHome-XXXX)
6. Tap on it to connect. If you see “Unsecured connection” or “This device has no internet” after connecting to the unique hotspot, ignore it and go back to the Geeni app.
7. Then, you will see the connection process on the app. You can wait for the countdown or look at the progress of the dotted line. Tap “Done” in the upper right corner once the device has been added successfully. After that, you will see your device's control panel.